2004 » present - Founder at I.T. Foundry Inc. (Mississauga, ON // it-foundry.com)
Established the corporation I.T. Foundry (registered in Ontario, Canada) with a 4-member team framework, providing IT solutions to small and medium businesses. Focused on providing professional web design and development, building many sites that are specific to our clients' needs, enabling them to secure a further reach in the digital realm. Managing projects efficiently with the use of structured planning, source control, constant contact, and efficient deployment.
protogenLabs is an offshoot-brand from the parent company, and specializes in the consulting and development aspects of the business. hostedWithGeeks is the service that is used to manage client hosting plans and billing.
2014 » 2017 - Senior Frontend Developer at WebCanada Inc. (Toronto, ON)
Responsible for writing SASS/CSS, HTML, JS, while adhering to coding standards, accessibility, and cross-platform browser friendliness. Git for source code management, and using JIRA/Confluence are part of the process which delivers solutions targeted at the hospitality industry.
Recently promoted to Tech Lead, additional responsibilities include reviewing peer code, approving merge requests, and representing my team at leadership meetings.
2013 » 2014 - Business Analyst at WebCanada Inc. (Toronto, ON)
Working closely with Account and Project Managers, my responsibilities at WebCanada included assessing the client's business model, determining initial business requirements, designing processes and solutions, and finally integrating technical solutions.
Documentation in the form of estimates, business requirements, and project proposals were authored as part of the everyday tasks.
2002 » 2004 - Systems Integrator at End to End Networks (Markham, ON)
As a junior systems integrator, my job responsibility was to create and maintain business solutions for multiple clients. The internal company portal was one of my main duties, which I designed and maintained. In this position, I strived to obtain a wealth of infrastructure knowledge which has enabled me to expand my capabilities in this area and other aspects of technology.
2000 » 2002 - Network Administrator at Digital Journal, Inc. (Toronto, ON)
2002 » 2004 - Junior Network Technician at Artez Information Services (Mississauga, ON)
- HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- WordPress, TextPattern, ExpressionEngine
- Bootstrap and similar frameworks
- REST APIs, JSON, XML
- Open Graph, SEO, Analytics
- Responsive, cross-browser design (mobile/tablet-friendly)
- Adobe Photoshop (design comps)
- User Interface (UI) design expertise
- C#, .net, PHP, Python, Java (integrations)
- SQL, MySQL Management and Admin
- Microsoft IIS Management and Admin
- Domain Name Services (DNS)
- SmarterMail, MDaemon, E-Mail Server Admin
- Firewall and NAT rules
- Backup and Disaster Management Policies
- Hardware Management and Diagnostics
- Git, Subversion and SourceSafe Code Repositories
- JIRA, Confluence, Redmine, Mantis issue management
- Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall methodologies
- Extensive planning and constant communication with clients
- Structuring organization of project resources
- Leadership qualities involving all team members
- Evaluation of possible improvements
- Technical and fundamental documentation authoring
- Strong desire to continually learn and develop skills
- Crypto Currencies (Bitcoin; developed ‘cryptoGlance’ side project)
- Android ROMs, apps, and theme development (developed aokp.co website)
- Tinkering with Raspberry Pi hardware and learning Python
- Building PCs, retro emulation devices, and soldering electronics
- Racing and motorsports
- Staying active and fit with hockey, snowboarding, and other physical activities
2000 » 2004 - York University (Glendon Campus)
- Graduate with a (Bilingual - French) Bachelor of Arts
1995 » 2000 - St. Michael's College School
- OAC Graduate
- Member of the yearbook committee
- Participant of intramural hockey
Available upon request